Therapeutic massage benefits the entire body:
- Decreases pain by lessening muscle tension and soreness
- Improves blood circulation and release of toxins
- Increases oxygenation of blood and energy level
- Aids in healing post-surgery or injury
FOUR areas of massage treatment include
- Stress relief
- Arthritis/ Pain relief
- Rehabilitation post-surgery
- Preventative maintenance
Massage speeds healing and recovery after orthopedic or neurological surgery, such as cranial cruciate surgery or herniated disc surgery. Our physical therapists are trained in all aspects of massage, including the canine anatomy, physiology, and more.
Massage is also essential for preventative maintenance. Research has demonstrated that regular, frequent massage helps prevent stiffness and pain attributable to arthritis. Additionally, research has demonstrated improved general health and well-being in pets and humans who receive regular massage therapy.