Fort Lauderdale Pet Rehab and Exercise Center
Healing Paws Center is a veterinary rehabilitation and acupuncture clinic conveniently located in the Fort Lauderdale / Wilton Manors area. Visit Dr. Jessie at this holistic veterinary practice off Oakland Park Blvd near Dixie Hwy, and restore your pet’s health and mobility!
Types of Treatments for Pet Rehabilitation
Dr. Jessica Dreyfuss, also known as “Dr. Jessie,” and her skilled team at Healing Paws Center offer the latest in animal healing, holistic, and therapeutic treatments and services in rehabilitation and physical therapy including:
Healing Paws Fort Lauderdale has a certified rehabilitation team that will examine and evaluate your pet to formulate an individualized, comprehensive treatment plan for your pet family.
All of our treatments are prescribed and directed by a veterinarian, and we will work with your current veterinarian to complement your pet’s ongoing treatment plan.
Common Candidates For Dog Rehabilitation in our Fort Lauderdale Clinic
Veterinary candidates include but are not limited to:
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis)
- Hip/Elbow Dysplasia
- Geriatric patients (any dog/cat/pet that is slowing down or has difficulty walking or getting into and out of the car)
- Post-orthopedic (such as knee, elbow, shoulder, back, hip surgery) surgery cases – including cranial cruciate ligament tears, hip dysplasia
- Post-neurologic (such as a herniated spinal disc surgery or intervertebral disc disease, degenerative myelopathy) surgery cases
- Senior neurologic patients (including difficulty walking of hind limbs, scuffing of the back feet, or dragging of the hind feet)
- Obesity/ overweight
- Inoperable orthopedic conditions
- Agility/ Strengthening/ Conditioning for canine athletes
Underwater Treadmill (Hydrotherapy)
Healing Paws Center Underwater treadmill therapy (UWTM) is utilized to help pets . . .
- Return to function sooner after orthopedic/neurologic surgery
- Improve muscle strength, joint range of motion, and endurance
- Get into the best shape of their life!
This therapy is especially beneficial in that the buoyancy of the water allows for reduced weight-bearing so that challenged pets can use the affected limb(s) without pain or stress on a certain joint or bone.
Additionally, the inherent viscosity of the water allows for increased proprioception (sensation of where one’s limbs are).
The warm water of the treadmill also allows for muscle relaxation, increased flexibility of connective tissue, and reduced joint swelling, just like a warm bath.
Healing Paws Center Underwater Treadmill Therapy helps pets recovering from surgery, senior pets, and pet athletes keep their mobility and fitness strong!